Monday, September 14, 2015

Cross Country Zones 2015

Interschool Cross Country took place at Puhunui Reserve in Manukau today (Tuesday 15 September). Our PCS team have been training hard for the last few weeks but it was a grueling track. Everyone tried their best and had fun. Well done to all the participants especially those who got a placing this year and fantastic coaching and support from Mr Robinson and Mr Singh. Here are the athletes that competed from Room 26: Trinity, Raeleigh, Shrejal, Raeolyn, Alisha and Anna - we are all very proud of you!





We had finally arrived at Puhunui Reserve and I was nervous. The field was massive full of farm animals. While I was running my shoe got stuck in a large mud puddle and it was sinking in the mud but luckily I got it out. The place I got was 45 and I am proud of what I got. Even though I'm not a runner, cross country gave me the courage to become a runner.
Shrejal



Just as we got to Puhunui Reserve I could not stop my teeth chattering as I got outside  but we finally made it at the end. All my hard work made me come 67th. Some downsides were when my shoes got stuck in the mud but I was still proud of myself. 
Raeolyn



My first year of Cross Country was a great experience. I was feeling very scared, nervous and at the same time excited. A special thanks to our awesome Cross Country coaches Mr Robinson and Mr Singh for their amazing coaching. 

From: Alisha

2 comments:

  1. It was my first experience at cross country and I loved every bit of it.
    From Shrejal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was proud of what place I got and I can't believe I got into cross country.
    Shrejal

    ReplyDelete